Friday, August 3, 2007

Say No To Letterboxing and Macs

I haven't posted for a while, but I have been thinking and experimenting with the project for a while now. I was kind of hung up on some minor details of the production process. Today I tried something I've been thinking about and it actually worked. I thought I had the camera on the correct setting this whole time, but after the video finished letterboxing for over 30 minutes I realized that it wasn't on the correct setting. I changed the camera to record at a 4:3 ratio and letterboxing is no longer a step I have to deal with. I wanted to import the video I made today to the internet and actually make it a podcast, but unfortunately, I didn't have internet access so I will have to work on it another day. I can't wait for school to start so that I can actually make a podcast of a lecture.
I've spent so much time just figuring out the equipment I've been working with.
I have no experience with Mac computers, so that has been a hugely frustrating struggle. I think I could be done by now if I was using a PC. Mac laptops are not user-friendly at all. It takes forever trying to use the touchpad instead of a mouse. I might try to use my PC for future projects. Tonight I will try hooking the camera up to my home PC and see if I can actually get anywhere.
The good news is that I'm actually looking forward to publishing a podcast.

Joni
15 hours

No comments: